- 1 cup soft fine breadcrumbs
- 185g gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 150ml cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Grated parmesan cheese for dusting
- 250g low fat cottage or ricotta cheese (sieved)
- 8 spring onions or shallots (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves (fresh or dried)
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
Combine breadcrumbs and gruyere cheese. Stir in egg yolks, cream and seasoning to taste. Add water and mix to a soft consistency. Beat egg whites stiffly and fold into mixture until thoroughly combined.
Spread into greased, grease proof paper lined swiss roll tin (rectangular shallow baking tray). Bake at 200 degrees celsius until set, about 15 minutes.
Dust a sheet of paper with parmesan. Invert roulade on paper. Carefully peel off lining paper, then rll up roulade in fresh paper. Allow to cool.
For filling beat together sieved cheese, onions, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread over unrolled roulade. Top with tomatoes and carefully re-roll. Wrap the roulade with cling film and chill until quite firm. Slice and serve with a fork.
Cocinar, comer y ser feliz,